Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enter Vampires, Stage Left

Or in which my adorable boyfriend lends me a not so adorable novel filled with fighting and war and history.
Also Vampires.
The real sort with the blood sucking and the killing people. Proper vampires.
It's called "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter".
And If I could put up with any sort of introduction, I'd give it five full stars. There's a 15 page introduction. I have to take away one of the points on the Star.
Sorry.
Otherwise, it's a wonderful novel. Starts off reading like a biography, and then it turns into something very interesting. I like to call it historical fantasy.
Is that a genre? I think it should be. It has a nice ring to it.
Anyway, Seth(his last name is way too long) has a wonderful ability to mix fantasy and truth, while making the truth seem fictional enough to read.
And Laura is here and being obnoxious. Everyone say Hi to Laura!
I would link over to her blog, but she hasn't posted in forever. Still, much love to the Laura.
I actually don't know what to say about this. My boyfriend has been going on and on about how historically accurate it may or may not have been(I don't care much about accuracy, I'm looking for a good read.(I did mention never to use this as an actual critique, right?)) And I'm like, "Yes, that's lovely."
Okay, important figures who randomly make an appearance:
1.) POE. That one. With the people he loves always dying of TB, no luck in his line of work and really creepy poetry.
2.) Davis. As in President of the Confederation. Or pawn of the vampires. Take your pick.
3.) Martin Luther King; Okay, yeah, fine, it's just a mention, but it's an important one.
4.) John Wilkes Booth: The person who killed Lincoln.
5.) Lincoln. President during the civil war and one of the greatest vampire hunters this nation has ever known.

And honestly, that's all I can say about this book. It was good. I liked it. I had fun reading it. It's a laugh a minute.
No, really. It's good. I'm low on sleep and mildly hysterical. I'll be better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment