Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Author Rant is Back On

Because recently I've picked up watching this YouTube channel called charlieissocoollike and I stared watching it because of Trock, which is Time Lord Rock, for any of you who were wondering. I'm a geek, so obviously I listen to this stuff. If you haven't figured out I'm a geek, I am. I mean, I read classic literature for fun...
Okay, but charlieissocoollike is in a Trock band called Chameleon Circuit (listening to this band taught me to spell those two words!) with this other YouTube video blogger called nerimon (and a couple other guys) and I just found that he read Twilight himself earlier this year. And his commentary is awesome! The link above is to the first chapter, actually. I loved listening to it, so you know what, I decided to go ahead and tell you that I'm gonna start picking on the characters for this next Sunday. Whoo! I'm excited. Here are a few phrases I plan on using.
1.) Edward Cullen, put simply, is a creeper.
2.) The first Mario had more dimensions than Bella Swan.
3.) YES! A VAMPIRE WHO REALLY WANTS TO BE CREEPY!!!!
4.) I mean, really Jacob, get a life. She's not worth it...
Are you excited? I am! Yeah!
RIGHT! Fan Fiction stuff now...
Okay, I commented in either the end or, just you know, on the replies I send out for the reviewers (I DO SEND THOSE OUT! WITH TEA! But only if you actually have an account on fanfiction, which I do strongly recommend getting. If you do review and don't have an account, then comment here and I will respond! WITH TEA!) that this Angels of the Disc was not going to be Doctor centric. It's Susan centric and her flying the TARDIS with a surprise guest! So go click on the link to find out who! On other points I had a lot of fun writing it, I got to include DEATH, and it's fun to read.
Okay, I've got to tell you, this next chapter with Jane and The Doctor from A Blue TARDIS at Red Sunset has a good deal of really interesting metaphors. I loved writing them down, because metaphors ARE AWESOME! I love metaphors that aren't not supposed to be there. Mine are all really obvious. If you don't catch them, I will worry for you. I'll get this TWANG in my mind that there is someone who doesn't get the metaphor, and then I start to worry a lot. It starts off as The Doctor Reminiscing, there's a minor flash of Doctor-Lisbon background, then it switches over to Lisbon yelling because, as we learned in the last chapter, the Doctor and Jane went off to go get the TARDIS without telling her. Which is actually pretty funny. Well, I think so.
Also, I've got up two new short stories for the Doctor Who page (I plan on branching out a bit once I'm done with those two long stories, promise. I've got two other ones on hiatus) One short story is called Nice is a Nice Place to Meet, and is actually the second story I typed up and published, but the one I've been thinking a lot about for a few months. It's the one I decided to post because I got 1000 readers to my pages(thank you to everyone who helped make that up) and it's a story about Donna Noble, a Tenth Doctor's companion meeting the Ninth Doctor before Rose. If I had to stop and think I'd say it'd end up on my list of my favorite one-shots, and probably ahead of some of my longer ones as well.
The other one isn't fully mine; it was written mostly over Facebook with my best friend and sometime Beta Reader. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is actually about a drunk Doctor and Amy Pond singing. It was inspired by the Doctor Who cast singing that song, and there is a video on YouTube. The story itself is actually very funny, and a really good read. So please take the chance to go look at it! It's actually the first bit of collaboration that I've worked on and it's ended well. We've tried original stuff, I've tried to work with my sister, but nothing ever seemed to come of it. But who knows? Now that we've done this we might be able to get around to some original work.
Speaking of original work, I've finished a short story! It was really fun to write, and I doubt I'll publish it any where soon, but if I get enough requests, I'll post it here!
You might be wondering about Electricity, and you shouldn't. I've been really busy lately, so it got pushed to the side.
I'm sick as I'm writing this, but I wanted to make sure I had something to put up here when the time came, so this is it! It's long and rambling because when I'm sick I just type a lot. But this is going up because I'm dedicated like that.
Also, Tea tastes really bitter plain. Usually, I throw in sweetener like sugar or honey(when I'm sick, like I am) and milk, but I had to run out of the kitchen because I sit in front of the oven, and food had to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment