Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday Blog

I seem to post every Wednesday-so I think I'll make this a regular update day.
In my fanfiction writing life, I posted the next chapters in my two on going stories Angels of the Disc and A Blue TARDIS at Red Sunset. I also posted a new one shot called What Do You Do? It's about Amy without Rory, and her being sad...and lonely. It's a better read than my attempt at summarizing. But if you do go click on these, would you mind dropping a review? Thank you!
On the original writing front, I'm kinda freaking out a bit over whether or not my play will make it in-there are so many people writing plays. My original thinking had exactly 6 playwrights...and then a few other people showed up who hadn't gone to ANY of the meetings, pro-offering plays. I mean, if you went to a meeting, I'm glad that you have something! There were bloody brilliant ideas wandering around.
There were a couple brilliant monologues-my hat goes off to one EGE for his version on the end of the world, and I'm extremely glad my best friend showed up with something! It was cool to listen to.
It's only the play though that's got me worrying-i really, really want mine to make it in...but if we have more than 6 plays, I won't be surprised if mine is the one that gets cut. I really won't. I loved (most) of the plays that I heard yesterday. The most is because there was this one that was freaky, and, well, I didn't get it. But many of the ones I heard yesterday were either perfectly funny or amazingly dramatic. I think mine is just really...conceptual. And I'm not sure how that works with the other ones. It's deep, and I liked it, but...
I'm going to stop while I'm behind. Freaking out won't help any. I need to take a deep breath. And switch topics.
So I'll switch on to a rant about how I don't think I've written enough original pieces lately. Now, writing plays and fanfiction is fun (and to be honest, I don't ever want to stop) but when i sit down and write something that is mine it's fantastic. And I don't know what has stopped me from continuing. Head's too full of stuff, maybe.  Last original work I started was something called Electricity...and it was nice and interesting. But I stopped writing it. And I've only just figured out why. It's because, as i was writing it (I only have two full pages) I realized...the girl who I had thought was going to be main character was going to have to die.
And I've never killed off a character before. Not a real character. I mean, killing off a plot point is easy. But a character is a person.
But I've promised myself I would work on it, whenever I had the chance.
AND!
There has been a switch in the plan for this week! Austen, you have been forgotten! Enter Terry Pratchett, Stage Right!
I was hoping to get into Pratchett later, because he's very prolific, but I just got his latest book, I Shall Wear Midnight. And i couldn't resist. So if you're really pushing for Austen, tell me. Yell at me.
Can't guarantee  it'll do any good, but say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment