Monday, December 20, 2010

I Shall Wear Midnight, Take Two

Okay, I really, really was not happy with the last post; It was...not as inspiring as it should have been. I should have started
TERRY PRATCHETT IS SOME SORT OF GOD! 
Because that would have been much more interesting. I would have paused and read that post. As it was, the introduction was interesting enough, and the rest of it seemed fine, but I was rushed, so i didn't give Pratchett the over all ovation he deserves for writing it. So, please re-read the sentence above this paragraph before I continue.
I Shall Wear Midnight is action-packed, full of humor, a touch of romance, and with the ever amazing grasp on human nature the Terry Pratchett always seems to have. Tiffany Aching, a witch, see the previous post for more information on that, is faced with one of the deadliest things to face a witch; The Witch Hunter. Which is the title I have given him. Because it kinda sounds awesome. Just a bit.
The Witch Hunter has no body unless he steal one, no desire except for his ever present wish to kill people, and happens to pop up every hundred years or so.
If a witch draws his attention.
Which Tiffany did when she kissed the anthropomorphic personification of winter. After kind of becoming the personification of Summer. A bit.
Trust me, it's no fun being a goddess.
Through out her adventures in this novel, we feel Tiffany's dislike for Roland's Bride to be changing to liking her, her affection for the Feegles (who Drink, Fight, and Drink and Fight), and how her practicallity would never lend itself to  a gothic novel.

We see how she sees her self, and how others see her through how she sees them-Pratchett's a master who I do no justice to.
I dare you to read a Pratchett novel and not wander away a little wise and a little smart, with just a few questions about the world. Maybe not as odd as my watercolor people question, but a question that make you really wonder. A question that may or may not have a direct answer. 

I hope I've impressed upon you how much I adored this book, and to how many people I would recommend it to. IE, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment